- What are the certification programs offered by the Project Management Institute (PMI)?
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) ® certification
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) ® certification
- PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)® certification
- PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP) ® certification
- Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP) ® certification
- Program Management Professional (PgMP) ® certification
- Project Management Professional (PMP) ® certification PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA) ® certification
2.What is the criteria to apply for PMP exam?
- If you are diploma holder, then you should have a minimum five years/60 months unique non-overlapping professional project management experience during which at least 7,500 hours were spent leading and directing the project.
- If you are a four year bachelor’s degree holder, then you should have a minimum three years/36 months unique non-overlapping professional project management experience during which at least 4,500 hours were spent leading and directing the project
- You should have undergone 35 hours of formal project management education. The following types of training qualifies;
- Training companies or Consultants
- Employer / company sponsored programs
- Distance learning companies, including an end of course assessment
- PMI registered education providers
- PMI chapters
- PMI Registered Education Providers (R.E.P.s)* B. PMI chapters
- University or college academic education programs
3. How much is the PMP exam fees?
- If you are PMI member, then you should pay USD 405
- If you are not a PMI member, then you should pay USD 555
4. In the case of failure in the first attempt, how much is the fees for second attempt?
- For PMI members it is USD 275
- For non members it is USD 375
5. How much is the PMI membership fee? – INR 9075
6. What are the additional benefits of PMI membership apart from the discounted PMP exam fees?
- Free PDF copy of the latest PMBOK
- Access to PMI webinars
- Access to PMI knowledge center
7. When should I pay the exam fees?
- When your online application has been processed and determined to be complete, PMI will send electronic notification to you requesting payment. This requires you to go back into the online certification system
8. If I cancel the exam will I get a refund?
- You can appear for the exam within 1 year from the date of application approval. To obtain a refund for the PMP certification, you must make a request to PMI at least 30 days before the exam eligibility expiration date. PMI will retain a processing fee of US$100 if you have not yet scheduled or taken the examination. After the refund is processed the application will be closed and the eligibility period will no longer be valid.
9. What is the PMI audit process?
- Applications are picked up randomly for audit. So, If your application is chosen for audit do not get worried. It is very normal to have an audit.
- If your application is chosen for audit, PMI will ask for additional information like;
- Proof of employment / experience
- Proof of 35 contact hours training program
- Proof of education
- You are required to submit them online
- You have 90 days time to submit the required documentation
- Once the required information is provided, the audit gets over in 6 to 7 days
- I am yet to know someone whose application is rejected forever after the audit
- The best policy during audit is honesty. By chance if you are unable to provide some required information explain the reason to PMI.
10. How many questions are there in the PMP exam and what is the duration of the exam?
- There are 200 questions
- To be answered in 4 hours
- 200 questions in 240 minutes. That is quite manageable because for some questions you will take only seconds. For some other you may take little more.
- If you do not know the answer, you and skip the question and move on to the next question. All the skipped questions can be accessed later and answer them.
- There is no negative marks.
For complete information download PMP handbook from PMI.org