The processes in PMBOK are numbered from 4 onwards because chapters 1,2,3 contains the topics given below.
- The standard for project management
- The standard for portfolio management
- The standard for program management
- Code of ethics and professional conduct
- Project initiation context
- Projects, programs, portfolio and operations management
- Organizational project management and strategies
- Structure of PMBOK
- Project and development lifecycles
- Project phase
- Phase gate
- Project management processes
- Project management process groups
- Project management knowledge areas
- Project management data and information
- Project management business documents
- Project business case
- Project benefits management plan
- Project charter and project management plan
- Project success measures
- Enterprise environmental factors
- Organizational process assets
- Organizational systems
- Organizational structure types
- Project management office
- The role of the project manager
- Project manager competencies
- Comparison of Leadership and management
- Performing integration
Project integration management comes under chapter 4. The first process under this knowledge area ‘Develop project charter’ is numbered at 4.1.
Found this HBR article very useful. At times, I am also suffering from this syndrome. May be, I am not alone in this. Most of us would have undergone this at some point or other.
Most of us go through periods of high motivation and low motivation. What could be the reasons?. How can we overcome it?
The best way to manage it is to acknowledge the fact that it is temporary and everyone goes through it.In my experience one of the reasons for fluctuating motivation is imbalance in work life balance. Some days I work very long and hard to feel lethargic the next day. I overcome demotivation by working on interesting personal projects, studying others projects, and spending time for re-creation (physical fitness, enough sleep, meditation, photowalks, prayer, reading good books ). These days I am reading ‘GRIT’, and ‘the power of the subconscious mind’
Click on the link below to know what others are doing to get out of lack of motivation.
Whether in the office or at home, I do not like others to dictate work to me. I may do it but not with full commitment. While being so, I cannot expect absolute freedom while working in projects. Joint work decisions / understanding matching the project milestones based on self respect and mutual respect is the solution.
This blog post about the rights and responsibilities of the manager and the engineer is an eye opener to