Key benefits of Integrated Agile Project delivery from a 1.6 billion Oil and Gas project;
- Project completion ahead of 36 months schedule
- 90% on time delivery of deliverables
- 80% deliverables completed within budget
- 100% quality assurance across all team’s output
- 80% reduction in errors and rework
- Integrated planning
- Multiple levels of planning
- Master plan
- Phase wise plan
- Look ahead plan
- Weekly plan
- Availability of project information
- Exception based management resulting in reduced meetings
- Collaborative team work supported by
- Weekly corrective / preventive action meetings
Basic Building blocks of Agile
- The master plan – The master plan of the project from the start to finish. Very often at the milestone level.
- Phase plan – Subset of the master plan which culminates in a major deliverable / deliverable.
- Make ready plans / Look ahead plans – Subset of the phase plan with six weeks window
- Formation of self-organizing teams – Teams are selected based on the skills required to deliver the output of the make ready plan. The team decides how they are going to perform the work. They collectively sequence the tasks, identify the constraints and dependencies upfront, eliminate them and sees the work progress together during the daily review meeting, and make the adjustments required to deliver on time. This results in smoother work flows, motivation and positive peer pressure to deliver.
- Weekly plan
- Weekly and monthly reviews
- Daily stand up meetings
- Retrospective meetings
- Information radiators
- Constant constraint removal
- Forecasting (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Phase, Master plan level)
- Key metrics
Do you want to know more?
Our agile experts will explain the basic building blocks for improving agility in engineering projects. They will also explain how these basic building blocks work together to improve productivity and predictability of engineering projects with the help case studies.